Friday 11 January 2013

Charity Shop Chatter

De-cluttering is going well this year with quite a few bags taken to the CS containing clothes, rags and books. I couldn't resist these colourful pegs to brighten up the washing line.




One rag that didn't end up in the bag was my 'dossing about' dress which had seen better days. It was my favourite lounge about dress but it had to go ...


... not to the rag bag but to the 'squares' pile for future quilting.


I also kept back some buttons from and old cardie - never know when they will come in handy. (Never, I know, but they went in the button tin.)


xx

10 comments:

  1. de-cluttering is going good here too. I love the feeling of lightness it brings. :)
    Love the pegs. They are indeed very cheerful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save buttons as well, mostly from my husband's shirts. One day my son-in-law was dropping off my grandson before work and he noticed he had lost a collar button. Well, I just got my botton jar out, whipped him on a new one, and we was good to go ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorting out my wardrobe tomorrow. Probably be a few bags for the CS! And like you, I will keep buttons from the things that don't go to the CS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have MASSES of buttons that may just come in handy....just like yours,they never have.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took several bags to the CS in December before christmas. I am also feeling another cupboard clearance coming on too, this time in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pegs they are so bright and cheerful.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know the minute you decide not to keep buttons and toss them all out is just when you find you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too many clothes pegs is what I think and if you can find brightly coloured ones, all the better.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH - I had a button box for years - just like my Mum did. My granddaughters loved to play with the buttons - just like I did as a child. In a rash de-cluttering moment I took the button box to a CS a couple of years ago - ooooh how I wish I hadn't!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.