I've been having fun with my new to me iPhone 4s the past few weeks. There's such a lot I've missed out on - I know now why people get glued to their phones to the exclusion of everything else! Play, play, play -
* taking selfies. Why? I know not but I do know that ten zillion selflies have to be taken and viewed and scrutinised in order to find a semi decent picture to post. Where?
* Instagram - so many people posting so many pictures in so many different ways. Hours can be lost viewing.
* Apps - my goodness what a variety. I've played around with different pedometers, language learning, health recording and sky viewing (free) apps and enjoyed every minute.
I wonder if there are any crochet apps or apps that tell me when to plant the veg? I tried a 'monitor your sleep' app and have worried myself that I'm not getting enough deep sleep and am waking up constantly!!
* calendar - I've a perfectly good diary where I record important meetings or events but now I also put them on my phone.
* Reminders - I make reminders to myself but as with paper reminders I forget they're there.
* Lists - I made myself a shopping list but then decided that my paper list was better as I was juggling my phone, trolley, keys and credit card while waltzing down the aisles of the shop.
* Siri - my phone talks to me - how clever is that! Set a timer for half an hour please.
OK timer is set for half an hour. Clever, clever, clever. And it also tells me that it is there to please me when I say thank you to it. :)
* Internet - whoa it's a mini computer and I can use it as such. I think I prefer to use my laptop for serious work as the screen is large enough for my eyes to see clearly.
I can swipe and swish now with the best of them and there's probably heaps more to play around with.
I don't think I've actually phoned many people with it though.