Monday 17 August 2020

Not much there

There's nothing on the kitchen window sill since we painted the window. I don't want to make marks so it's just the hanging plant. It looks very bleak here but it was quite bright and sunny outside.


My flowers are from the garden and I've put the vase (shaped like a milk carton) by the sink.


I've been making crumble topping ...


... for the home grown rhubarb.


For 6 ounces of crumble I use this bowl which belonged to DH's mum. It's a very old pudding dish but I'm loathe to get rid of it even though it's past its sell by date.


Didn't take a pic of the final crumble when it came out of the oven but it was partially eaten after tea with custard. 


Yum!

xx



4 comments:

  1. We have so much rhubarb we give it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual vase and lovely flowers. I rather like an undressed window in a kitchen. Your window looks good as it is that is if you don't have to worry about anyone peeping in. Rhubarb crumble...delicious!! I have never seen it in the markets here.
    keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our rhubarb has gone to seed. It is much too hot now.

    Love the idea of a milk carton for a vase in the kitchen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good crumble. Can I be cheeky and ask for the crumble topping recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.