Friday 22 February 2013

You can have your cake and eat it!

1. Bake your cake.

This one was from my old Bero recipe book and is basically

8oz SR flour
4oz butter
4oz sugar - I used brown
2 eggs and some milk
6oz mixed dried fruit and a teaspoon of mixed spice

Cream butter and sugar and add in the rest.

2. Bake as a tray bake.


3. Cut into a million 16 pieces.


This way you needn't feel guilty about - 

1. Wasting energy. (The cake takes less time to bake.)

2. Eating cake when you are trying to lose weight. (Each piece is a small piece as it's pre-cut.)

Win, win all round!

xx

Welcome to my new follower Pam. Start looking forward to your retirement. You're in for a treat!

16 comments:

  1. Looks yummy,,, what temp did you cook it on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caz, I think it was about 180C. I just took it out when it was done which was under half an hour.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I think I am in for a treat tomorrow right,son after I bake that cake. I remember my Gran having a copy although I never saw her use it. My mum read it but it might as well have been in mandarin chinese, she could not bake for toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that recipe, think I might give it ago, I off to make a cake now!
    Julie xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummeee. I expect to see a blog on a walk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. I made chocolate brownies yesterday and cut them up like that, otherwise it would go in a day with the gannets in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An easy recipe...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had made a cake but I just ran out of time, could really really eat a slice of that right now x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh put the kettle on! I have a blueberry and vanilla cake in the oven as I'm typing this.The smell is driving me to distraction!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my old Bero books, reliable recipes.
    Your cake looks delicious.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi , what a brill recipe to have a standby when the family turn up and want feeding - looking forward to following your blog Mum

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often cook things as a tray bake for the purpose of using less gas. I also double up recipes and cook the cakes in 2 loaf tins too - and freeze the sliced cakes so we can't eat them all at once : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.