Sunday 19 July 2015

Getting rid of a tea stain

The tea stain was on a large cotton tablecloth and silly me did not soak it immediately when it had been stained. It remained in the linen basket until it was washed in the normal way in the washing machine. Oh no - the tea stain did not come out. Give it another wash! Same result - still stained. Research was duly done on the web and I went for a solution of white vinegar and water to soak away the stain. After the soak it recommended a quick rinse with boiling water. Zilch. The stain remained. It was a stubborn stain. The next course of action was a soaking in bleach and water followed by another wash.


Result! Stain gone - tablecloth lives to see another day.


I've just got to iron it now.

xx

9 comments:

  1. glad you got rid of it in the end, I think I would have given up and popped it in some dye and changed the colour completely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my table cloths but they suffer from all sorts at present - home made tomato sauces, black current crumble, etc. we are such sloppy eaters! I am promising to bleach them before we have any visitors or I will have to hide them and go for the table mats instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old bleach. If all else fails on whites, it usually comes up trumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes the old remedies just don't work, I'll remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mum always used tiny drop of bleach for table linen. Glad the stain came out.
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got it out in the end. I'm not very good with stains but my mum usually knows something to bring them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use bleach for my dishclothes to get tea stains out. As long as the cloth is white, bleach is the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.