Wednesday 1 February 2012

New Year's Resolution ...

... achieved for January. I wanted to make another Nativity Set (maybe, definitely the last one) for a present and challenged myself to do one figure each month. Here's the first figure.


I think I'll call him Melchior.


I've used some vintage lace which was given to me as part of a Christmas present last year. This person parcelled up some CS finds - lace, and crochet cotton and presented them beautifully in a wicker basket (which contained my Christmas present to her the year before.)




I think he's carrying Frankincense. Can you see the fake holly berries on his head? 

3 comments:

  1. It's a great way to get another nativity set done, one piece each month. What a wonderful, thoughtful present, as well as recycling at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him tooling over the table like that with his holly berry hat - hysterical !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.