Thursday 24 January 2019

'The best-laid schemes of mice and men often go awry.' Robert Burns

Basket Number 1 was full, choc-a-bloce, brimming over, bursting at the seams, over-flowing, packed and stuffed with work started, abandoned or dismissed until another time. The 'time has come' (the Walrus said) to sort it out.


Knitted blanket started but abandoned probably because I could see that it would become unwieldy. I probably thought I'd make blocks instead of going round and round but boredom must have set in. I will unravel and the yarn will see another project instead of this one.


These were a disaster from the start. I only wanted to get rid of the very thick yarn. I'll think about incorporating these into another blanket (maybe).


Little bits of Christmas left over plus Father Christmas with one eye. What on earth shall I do with these?


Little bits of Valentine's Day left over. Must do something with them this year.


Experiments or leftovers of granny squares. I'll make this a start of an odd bod collection.


More squares started. These are Granny Rose squares.


This block was left over from one of my blankets.


I haven't the faintest idea about these 2. I shall unravel them and put the yarn back into stash.


Leftovers from making phone and iPod cases.


This is the start of a bobble hat which was crocheted sideways. It obviously was not working and so got abandoned. Unravel.


More leftovers from crocheting up thin cone yarn. Unfortuneately I only have bright orange left. I'll keep a look out at carboot sales for thinner yarn cones. 


So- the basket is empty and projects unravelled or left out while I tackle the other baskets. The best-laid plans of mum often go awry.

xx

PS Happy Burns Night for tomorrow.



4 comments:

  1. I think we must all be sorting out our UFOs this month. I’ve unpicked, unravelled, donated and sometimes even finished Some of my projects.

    For tomorrow: “ The best laid schemes o’ mice and men
    Gang aft a-gley”
    And there will be no haggis eaten in our house tomorrow-25th January. I’m afraid Jackie Kay is more to my taste for poetry these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the old unfinished projects.... I am also trying to get a few of those completed this month. Doing not too badly, but a few will be moved to next month as I have not even touched them.

    Still working on organizing the sewing/craft room here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of unfinished project like that. You've inspired me to sort mine out

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few but they are all sewing projects - I have even left my machine out since Christmas but still not got to finish anything yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.