Monday 31 July 2017

Hiding

Spot the giant cucumber. There's always one that I fail to see when picking.


The smaller ones are the best to eat. These giant ones don't taste the same. He's gone in the compost bin.


Lots of little grapes hide behind the larger ones and make the grapes to tight together that some go bad. Ideally I have to thin them out in order for the outside grapes to ripen properly.


It's a long process with over 50 bunches on the vine.


The vine also needed another haircut and the tomatoes needed pruning a little as they tend to get leggy.





My fingernails are now a lovely greeny yellow colour.

xx



6 comments:

  1. I love your grape vine, is it in a greenhouse? I am drowning in cucumbers. I am down to one courgette plant now thank goodness, it was starting to get silly! I am going to try a few more varieties of tomato next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looks lovely

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful amount of produce. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lemon cucumber and it is giving me so many!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your growing skills are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, fresh grapes. They look delicious.

    I also miss the occasional cuke and wonder how on earth it hid from me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.