Saturday 10 October 2020

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 biscuits

Easy peasy biscuit recipe here and all I need to remember it is 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

5 ounces of flour
4 ounces of butter
3 ounces of coconut flakes*
2 ounces of sugar and
1 egg


Cream the butter and sugar, stir in the egg and add the rest of the ingredients.


Roll out some balls and then ..


flatten them!


Bake in a moderate oven until cooked - about 15 to 20 minutes.


Instead of coconut other flavours could be added - choc chips, ground almonds, currants or vanilla or lemon extract (a teaspoon not 3 ounces!) Another variation is to use brown instead of white sugar.

You may notice that one biscuit is missing. You would be quite correct.

Naughty me.

xx

 

6 comments:

  1. I shall pass this recipe on to the DP. My baking days are over and he is better at it than me anyway. Cheers Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have screen shot your biscuits recipe ....biscuits look great. I think I have some chocolate drops I could add to them Cookie is visiting and staying to lunch tomorrow so some nice biscuits to take home with her would be just perfect!! Thanks for sharing!! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great easy to remember recipe that can be altered easily. I need a few more baking bits in my larder which will help me stretch my shopping a bit further and reduce the number of times I shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe I will try it out this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! I may need to try this (purely for research purposes, of course....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look yummy. Certainly going to try those

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.