Tuesday 8 August 2017

Decorating chores

1. Take all the stuff that is not in a cupboard or in a drawer out of the room. (There's a lot of stuff.)


There's definitely a lot of stuff - oh and also the electric fire from the dining room which is ready to be cleaned. Ah yes ...


2. Clean all the stuff that is not in a cupboard or in a drawer. 

3. Take off the shelves, dismantle them and wire wool them to clean thoroughly.


4. Clean the tops of the cupboards, cooker hood, windows and anything that has been exposed to steam, grease and kitchen grime. 

5. Take off the kick boards and clean them. 

6. Clean underneath all the units. 

7. Rescue the spider that came scuttling out.


Cover the units ready for painting.

This is the third room to be painted - only the lounge and the downstairs loo to go. (Then the upstairs.) It's rather exciting trying to prepare meals at the moment as everything is scattered around the house.

xx

7 comments:

  1. A productive day indeed! Maybe a little rest after all that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are still working so hard, bet you can't wait til its over, it will be lovely and you can relax and enjoy, I love your kitchen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are mad. I cannot think why I should start this, but I probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you rescued the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are really doing a great job. I am excited to see the end product.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep promising I will do my kitchen unit tops and bottoms, it's a hard job and I keep putting it off. Well done for getting yours done, can't wait to see finished kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate all the "clutter" I have dotted everywhere. Such a hassle to move everything when I have to dust!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.