Monday 7 October 2013

Keep it cool!

Went to the party at weekend. DH was enamoured with the beer cosies (better that than the ladies, I suppose) so I crocheted him one of his own. There are plenty of patterns for these cosies, coosies, kosies,  koosies on the web but I made up my own and spiralled rather than rowed my way up, increasing or decreasing to suit the shape of the glass. The stitch was UK dcs all the way up with a reverse dc final row. (What a clever girl!)


I might do one without a 'bottom' so it will stand up without falling over, otherwise DH will have to keep his hand on the glass. That won't do at all as at the end of the evening he will be the one falling over!

Hello to Suzanne my newest follower. She's a great 'maker' and I just love her message to FC.

I've been good all year as well.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely cosy, you're so clever, but doesn't that make the beer warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the contrary the wool acts as an insulator keeping the cold beer cold. If it was a mug of steaming tea it would help to keep the heat in. Here's more info on the coosie debate.

      http://lifehacker.com/recent-study-investigates-crucial-debate-do-koozies-ke-485898427

      xx

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I just thought it would heat things up. You learn something new every day.

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask the same question as Jo so I'm glad you cleared that one up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, can you make one to fit a martini glass!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.