Friday 12 August 2016

Is there much room in there?

There's a lot more room in my stash drawer now that I'm using up balls of yarn like this. I think I had about 6 balls altogether and I'm slowly working my way through them ...


making small drawstring bags for vegetables.


One of my bags is in the fridge holding the mushrooms. I can keep them fresh in there for up to a week and they don't deteriorate like they did when I kept them on a shelf. The mercerised cotton works up a treat in UK trebles with a small hook. For when I'm saving the earth the bags can be used instead of plastic bags when going shopping as they don't weigh so much - I think I'll use them for loose bananas, apples and oranges.


There's not mush room in the bag now. Oh sorry, yes there is - about a punnet full!


xx





3 comments:

  1. I do wish I knew how to crochet, those bags look so easy to whip up. They would be great to take shopping.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo wish I could crochet. I have tried two or three times but just cannot get on with it. The bags look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use a pattern or did you free-hand the design? I think they're a wonderful idea and would love to make some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.