Monday 4 March 2013

Help needed please

Exciting times - son and partner are getting married and I've been asked to research and suggest some hymns for the wedding. The hymns need to be familiar to both English and German families and guests should be able to sing them in either language. I've found some ...

this one is lovely


... but am sure there must be more to add to my list. Can anyone help?

Thank you for all your fantastic comments on my last post and welcome to my new follower.

xx

8 comments:

  1. Sorry,, can't help you there. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry mum cant help on that one I'm afraid.I know lots in English but I dont know about German.Exciting times for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wedding! Wonderful! I love seeing people in love and making a commitment for the whole world to see. Have you been "Mother of the ..." before? Congratulations to all! I know nothing about any music fitting both heritages but I will ask around to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will ask around my friends and see what I come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely news. Sorry, can't help with the hymn though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring is beautiful and I have heard this at many weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Love divine, all loves excelling" is a traditional wedding hymn and there is a translation used in Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.