Saturday 21 April 2012

What did I do today

These were my tools along with a bucket of soapy water. I spent the morning and the afternoon scraping paint spots from the tiles on the floor of the sunroom. It now has its new (recycled) roof on and all the grotty bits that were on the floor have now got to be off the floor.


These tiles are textured so every paint spot in every little groove had to be removed using my trusty blade and scourer. 


The orchids looked on!


These are Dendrobium Nobile.


Here's the alba version.


I have very clean fingernails now!

Thanks Iona, I've now gone back to the old interface. I can't cope with too much change. And thanks Missy for the crochet info.
xx

10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. Really gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you padded your knees!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what absolutely fabulous orchids!! I am totally unable to grow any kind of plant.

    It looks like you worked really hard today, you deserve another cup of tea!

    Love Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers, my mum use to keep them too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful orchids, but I don`t envy you the tile cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are gorgeous and aren't you proud of you newly paint free tiles?! :) It's those little (big) jobs that get put on the back burner, but once they are done, you feel fab.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely orchids. I've got a couple of moth orchids, ones which are easy to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never mind, Mum - once the job is done you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour! Orchids are gorgeous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well at least it will have kept you out of mischief and you can take great delight in a job well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.