The garden table from the CB …
… has now been painted and a new top made by DH. (Boards were biscuit jointed and a circular saw and router used to make the circle and edges.) This video (6 minutes in) shows a table saw in action cutting a circle.
It looks much better now. The bench has had a makeover and I've just finished painting the other table base and the parasol base. They can just be seen in the first picture. The rectangular table needs another top making and then there will only be one more garden ornament to paint this year. The 'new' table is called a Britannia table. It is now our table of choice, at the moment, for the patio.
It's been another sunny, warm day here. The forecast was rain but not a drop fell. We can't rule the waves for Britannia today!
PS Cat tree information.
We used 50 metres (about 50p a metre) of rope to cover two of the tree legs. (Screwfix)
The covering thin carpet cost £9.
The wood is re-cycled school library shelves.
The top basket was DD's cat basket and cost about £7.
The tubes were cardboard rolls from the carpet shop.
We used contact spray adhesive to stick the carpet and rope.
The labour was free.