What's this? - Anne from marmalade and catmint has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Quick, look it upon Google. I can't seem to find the origin of this award. Looks like it's a 'does the rounds and spreads' kind of award. Lovely to be nominated, thank you Anne and in order to 'pass it on' I have to look at the rules.
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. (done)
2. Include a link to their blog. (done)
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate them for this award.
(Gosh, this one's difficult. Every blog I follow is an excellent read. Give me time for this one.)
4. Finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (Right, thinking cap on again.)
Seeing as this is a 'Versatile' award I shall try to think of bloggers who can be described with this adjective.
1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavour, etc.: a versatile writer.
2. having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3. Botany. attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an anther.
4. Zoology. turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5. variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.
So here's the first list with one observation of the blogger's versatility.
1. A Blessed Life - This lady can turn her work into an enjoyable outing with her family. A very loving lady.
2. Land of the Big Sky - This lady can turn her love of art into a practical and enjoyable experience for children. A very observant lady.
4. Unbought Delicacies - This lady can turn wool into wonderful creations. A thoughtful and talented lady.
5. The Smiths on Tour - This couple have decided to eliminate all fats, oils and processed foods from their diet. Wow!
6. Hardup Hester - This lady can juggle life, work and family with humour and love. In her words 'my life lurches from calm to chaotic'. Brilliant.
7. Meanqueen This lady is capable of 'many uses' - walking dogs, looking after cats, caring for the community, juggling finances. Capable and Caring - wonderful lady.
8. Oh, I give up now - every blog on my list and every follower following me has a person who is versatile behind it. I hearby award you all with the Versatile Blogger Award. Please feel free to pass it on and list some blogs of your own choosing showcasing the versatility of the blogger.
Now for the second list - 7 (versatile) facts about me. I think I'll tell everyone, not just Anne.
1. I can put my right foot round the back of my head.
2. I can swing one arm by my side in a clockwise direction whilst swinging the other in an anti-clockwise direction and then change directions without stopping.
3. My second toe is longer than my big toe.
4. I can recite the alphabet backwards.
(Pity I didn't check my punctuation.)
6. I can breathe in deeply and then hum continuously for 30 seconds.
7. I can touch the end of my nose with the tip of my tongue.
Now own up, how many of you have just:-
- contorted your arm or leg
- taken off your socks and inspected your feet
- pictured the alphabet in your head
- read through the note on the picture again
- picked up a pencil and paper
- hummed to no-one in particular
- and wiped spit off your top lip?
*One last thing (she says going off at a tangent) here is a very long palindrome.