Thursday 5 April 2012

Last week ...

... I tripped the light fantastic.


I didn't have any sparkly shoes on though.


I didn't sit like a wallflower for very long - get in on the action, I say. I must go and swot up on the Mayfair quickstep - I've got a lot to learn. Head down watching the feet of the couple in front then, if we have to turn round, frantically seeking out the feet of a couple behind! It's a hard job, this dancing.

PS I have put more details on the Bloggy Friends' Blanket page on how to get in contact with our 'sew it all together' friend. Thanks to all who are taking part. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of all your granny squares. I wonder if there will be anyone who learnt to crochet with my tutorial who will send a square?

I hope you are getting in on the action!

9 comments:

  1. Good for you, sounds like lots of fun. I don't know what the Mayfair Quickstep is though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to love Ballroom and Old time - or New Vogue as its now called here in Aus. So nice to hold on to someone when the music plays - know what the Military Twostep is but will have to google the Mayfair Quickstep lol
    Googled it and found 'A modern sequence Quickstep, danced with parallel feet, but classified in Australia for competition as English Old Time' Still double dutch lol.
    Take care
    Cathy
    ps I think you live in a seaside town so might be interested in my post today C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I can't seem to be able to leave a comment on your blog so here it is.

    I'm sure we still sell them here. I remember them well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUzP1rtOVk
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about that Mum - now you have mentioned it again I've added a contact me' page with an email address.
      Take care
      Cathy

      Delete
    2. I tried again and filled in my details but it seems to want a Wordpress account. I'll comment by email until I can work it out. Other people on blogger seem to be able to comment. Der!!!!

      Delete
  4. I love ballroom dancing...have no idea what the Mayfair is though.I can manage a foxtrot,jive,cha cha and rumba..that's it.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had fun! Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I've not heard of the Mayfair before either.

    Sounds like a great day out Mum!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you do a bloggy friends quilt I am so in!! but I Don't crochet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.