Monday 2 April 2012

Bloggy Blanket after discussion

Jo's and Alison's idea of sending one or more squares to one person is a sensible solution to the cost of postage problem and Foster mummy very kindly said that she would sew them all together. Juliab also suggested more than one square eg a block of 4.

Sew, sorry, so let's give it a go for a Bloggy Blanket.

Campfire was interested in the fancy squares so I'm sure we can mix lots of different squares in the same blanket. Likewise Helen, the knitter, could have her knitted squares in there too. Each square should turn out 12cm x 12cm.

Mrs. T's idea of smaller lap blankets would make the posting of the final blanket less costly and Mrs. T would you like to be the final recipient as I'm sure that as a carer you can find a very good home for our offering?

Right girls, and anyone else who wishes to join in - to the knitting needles and crochet hooks.

Make a granny square or squares - fancy or plain (4mm hook, double knitting, 5 rounds, 12cm x 12cm - at least mine turned out 12cm x 12cm)
Send to Foster mummy and Foster mummy send 1st lap blanket to Mrs. T. You'll all have to organise addresses with each other via email.

Here are my first offerings.




Foster mummy are you able to find homes for any subsequent blankets?
And please shout when you've 'had enough' and maybe we could find another volunteer to do the sewing.

Sew, sorry, so what about the original idea? I'd still like to give it a go to see if it can be done. You would need to have crochet contacts on your blog to find 'the next one along' and sew, sorry, so on. I'll call this Bloggy Blanket Chain. I've set up some pages to log the progress.

Mrs. Tightwad, would you like to receive the first square, add to it, then pass it on so that you can be in on the action from the word go?  If so, will you email me your address and I will send it to you post haste!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing the blanket progress!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Thank you - yes I would love to find the first blanket a good home! and yes, please send me your first square(s) and I'll add mine to it! Can I just add a couple of comments - please remember the men! in my experience they hardly ever get a nice 'man blanket' so if one could be darker or earthy colours that would be lovely, and finally, Nursing home laundries can be brutal places - please stick to acrylic or washable blends, it would be a dreadful shame for it to ruin in the wash!
    Happy hooking ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I know that this is probably a really daft question but . . . . who will I send my squares too, I got a bit confused - sorry :[
    I'll do a couple in manly colours

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Helen.
      For the moment please get in touch by leaving a comment on fostermummy's blog for details.

      http://fostermummy.blogspot.co.uk/

      She did leave a comment here with her address and I've sent her an email just checking that she wants it out on this blog.
      If you want to hold tight for a while until I get a reply then I'll give you further details.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Ladies,
    I have done a couple of squares to add to the one Mum sent me - who wants them next? email me amknittyatgmaildotcom with your name and address please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. T. will you post some pics please.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I have some squares that are the correct size, I'll post them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hester. Your squares should be posted to Fostermummy at My Beautiful Life. Here email is on the Friends' Bloggy Blanket page.
      xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.