Thursday 17 January 2019

Heroine

Such is life when you live with a DIY-er. I didn't say "Ow" when the large spirit level dropped on my ankle. I didn't flinch or swear. All my concentration was spent on holding the concrete post vertical as I stood triangulated with legs and arms in order for it not to move. 


The post was concreted in and is, thankfully, upright and not leaning in any way. Phew! My ankle has a bruise the size of an orange and is now turning darker. It looks good and commands a great deal of sympathy from the other half (and anyone else that I show it to). Thankfully all the posts are now in and I can retreat to the house and play.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Ouch. Good excuse to put your feet up for a few days. I hope the bruising goes down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that does look painful. Rest and play for a few days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks quite painful - you will need plenty of rest for a few days if not a good week and lots of people waiting on you. Perhaps while you are out of action you can also give them a list of your least favourite jobs to do too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.