Friday 25 January 2019

Bright ideas

... is overflowing just like basket number 1. In an effort to get rid of the very, very large balls of yarn I decided to crochet a granny zigzag blanket with random sized stripes. 


I didn't get very far, did I?


This fluffy baby cot blanket has been around for 36 years! It was for my first born but I ran out of the white, fluffy wool. Maybe it's time I finished it.


I made scrubbies out of these netting strips and I still use them. More of these are now on my list of things to finish off.


These Tunisian crochet strips are for another cot blanket. It should be a riot of colour because I'm (I was) using up all the yarn oddments.


A colleague of mine said she wanted to pass the time knitting so I suggested knitting squares that could be sewn together and I duly did a few for her. She never did put wool to needles, having bright ideas but not carrying them through so these squares will be unravelled and the yarn used for the Tunisian blanket.


Well that's that blanket sorted. I'm going to be kept very busy this year. There's still another basket to go. Oh my! I remind myself of a colleague of mine.

xx

6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing wonderfully well getting sorted.

    There are a few unfinished items that I need to complete and you are making me itch to get at them once the projects (also unfinished objects) completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to crochet is on my list of things I want to achieve this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have 1 wicker basket, which sits by my chair with the current project, they work so well and look so good. I hide most of my stash, so I don't have to own up to how much I have purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few unfinished projects on the go and I thought January would be a quiet month to finish them but the new baby thought otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one who has ancient unfinished piece. I started a jumper from y youngest, he is now 32 and has five children, think I may knit the jumper(s) for his twins with fresh yarn

    Juoie xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.