Thursday 6 October 2011

31 Day Challenge

I told Azza that I might not be able to succeed at a 31 Day Challenge. Each day she is trying to get rid of or find a proper place for items in her house as a means of de-cluttering. I've made a tentative start but I don't know whether I'll last the 31 days. We'll have to see. I may not do something each day but the things I do may add up to 31. I will try to re-cycle or re-purpose items. Here goes:

1. Passed on 6 magazines to friends at our music evening.

2. Passed on a further 6 magazines to a colleague at the Charity Shop.

3. Sorted out clothes and took 2 carrier bags full of old t-shirts to the Charity Shop.

4. Turned an old jumper into a cushion cover.

5. Turned a shimmery blouse into Christmas bags.

These are 'Selection Box Bags'.

6. Mended a broken Lego model which had come apart while being washed in the dishwasher. (Don't ask.)

DH made this little fellow when he
was 8. He's now 28 and I'm soft still
keeping him.

7. Turned an old soft jacket into a cushion cover. (I think I've got enough cushion covers.)



That's it for now - there may be more.
xx

12 comments:

  1. That is fantastic, what a start,almost got me started..almost lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy.The selection box bags are a good idea, any special instructions for making them?The 31 day challenge sounds interesting. I must look into it.
    Keep warm and safe
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! You have been busy!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I looked at the blouse and chopped off rectangles. Sew round 3 sides then turn the top over twice and hem by hand or sew by machine. Turn right sides out and nick open a bit of the top seam to insert a (recycled) piece of ribbon. This will pull the top closed when you've put in the chocolate bars. I'm planning to gradually change over to cloth bags instead of Christmas wrapping paper. I'll try and put a post together showing the whole process but all you need to do is Google - homemade material gift bags and you should find some ideas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should get into this challenge. Although I'm a very housey person who loves home and doing things to it and in it, I've never been organised. I can never find anything, I hoard stuff and have a hard time getting rid of things. This could energise me! (Yeah right...)
    Full of admiration for you, Mum!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you're doing really well, all I've done about re-using stuff is making dusters out of my old knickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I didn't know about his challenge but have been doing some declutting. This morning I took about 8 bags of craft bits and pieces that I will not be using to a charity shop. They were so happy to receive my donation and I'm happy too 'cos the craft area actually looks reasonable.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good start though!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very good start though!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. I love the lego model, we've spent lots of time playing with lego over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.