Sunday 13 March 2016

Stay warm

It felt like a planting day today so in went the mange tout, carefully regimented in 3 rows ...


which were covered over with soil. The wire climbing frames are ready to welcome the new plants as they grow.


It was warm enough to start the fence painting which I do every other year. 2 fences down and only another thousand or so to go! :) These were the tricky ones as the cordon apple and plums will get in the way later on. There seem to be plenty of buds forming after some savage pruning.


Weeding tomorrow!

xx

3 comments:

  1. We are about 3 months away from planting anything here, so I am going to be watching your gardening with envy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very productive day. I'll paint my fence at Easter. I don't really get enough sun on my garden right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time seeing what everyone is starting to sow and grow and how the gardens and plots are starting to come to life. You have been busy well done, dee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.