Monday 21 March 2016

Photo Scavenger Hunt

I thought I'd have a go at a Photo Scavenger Hunt and here's the list I have to find.


1.   A robin redbreast


2.   Tinsel

DH always requests tinsel for decorating the the. He likes the branches festooned (good word).



3.   Outside lighting

Here's the lighting outside our loft window. 



4.   A star

This is the wooden Christmas star from Germany which has decorated the kitchen for the last 5 or 6 years.



5.   A snowman

This is one of a few snowmen collected over the years. He's sitting and watching goings on in the kitchen at Christmas.


6.   A puddle

This picture was taken in December after about a week of intense rain. The day was sunny but wet underfoot. It was the only puddle that I could find that didn't have a bit of litter floating about in it!


7.   Berries and/or nuts


8.   A wreath

My homemade wreath celebrated Hallowe'en (a pumpkin!), Autumn (with added leaves and foliage) through to Christmas (with added baubles and glittery bits). It was made with a roll of orange ribbon bought for 50p from a CB sale. There's still plenty left.


9.   A tree that has lost all its leaves


10.  A windy day

A very windy day, of which there are many in this seaside town (noted for fresh air and fun), sees the seagulls gracefully riding on the air currents.



11.  Your favourite pudding

It has to be fruit and especially fruit grown in the garden especially to eat on a summer's day.


12.  A fancy button

This button is one of many that were bought to put at the top of crocheted Christmas Trees. It's only fancy in that it is very colourful.


13.  Street art

This is what normally springs to mind when thinking of street art - a person beavering away drawing artistically on the pavement.



But isn't this 'art' on our promenade?


Or, perhaps, an artistic silhouette one sunny day.


Or, maybe this person riding his unicycle along the promenade showing off the 'art' of juggling. I think a click on the picture will show him in more detail.


14.  Afternoon tea

Afternoon tea is always on at the Tower Ballroom. Here you see lots of tables set ready for visitors. There is a group nearer to the dance floor that have their food already.



15.  Candle light

This is a Christmas decoration from Germany with the candle hidden inside a hollow carved piece of wood.



16.  A chimney

Chimneys in the local vicinity remind us of a bygone time when many houses had coal fires. It's surprising how tall chimney pots are when viewed close to.



17.  A ladder

There are a few ladders in amongst the scaffolding on the Big One at the Pleasure Beach.


18.  An arrow

This arrow points the way to the Illuminasia indoor lights exhibition at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool.



19.  A fountain

This unusual fountain is outside a garden centre, hence the watering can and the flowers.



20.  Cutlery

Spot the cutlery on this party table.

21.  Your own handwriting (this one is compulsory and cannot be substituted)

My handwriting as you can see can only be described as 'scruffy'. This picture is from this post.



Phew, I think I've found them all and posted on the correct day. I think I'll organise a Scavenger Hunt now, it's quite good fun, if a little stressful at times!


I'm linking with  Daisy Row who is hosting this Photo hunt.


xx



5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I like the picture of the afternoon tea. A restaurant I ate at the other day, I just saw that they offered afternoon tea the last Sunday of the month. I didn't know about that before the challenge began with the scavenger hunt, otherwise I would have participated to post pictures of it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finding all the items! it was fun and so nice to see other interpretations of the list. I love the fountain and I don't think your handwriting can be described as scruffy especially as you haven't seen my sons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on finishing the Scavenger Hunt. Love the photos and seeing your interpretation of the requested photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great collection plus a little taste of Blackpool. Remember visiting that pleasure beach in my late teens (quite a while ago!) .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos but my favourite was number 15. It caught my eye and I've looked at it for ages! I had to look away quickly from the party buffet one as I'm trying to lose a bit of weight! Looking at party food can put lbs on me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.