Monday 2 July 2012

The Sunshine Award

Hey, hey, hey - I've been awarded the Sunshine Award by Sandie from Sandie's Patch


The Sunshine Award is an orange flower (marigold) that is given by bloggers to "bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere".

Thank you, Sandie. I wonder who else I've inspired?

Here are the things I must do now.

Thank the person who gave the award - done.

Answer 10 questions about yourself - see below. These questions seem to change on different blogs. I've used the majority of Sandie's questions and some of my own.

Pass on the award to 10 other deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs. I'm going to inform you here and you will find the links in the side bar or the followers list. It took me ages last time to work through everybody.

Here goes:-

1. What is your favourite animal?

This obviously has to be a cat (or rather 2 cats).


2. What is your favourite number?
I've always liked the number - don't know why. I've never liked the number 4 because when I was little we had a set of playing cards and the 4 of hearts had a smeary, dirty mark on it. (Silly me.) I've not been enamoured by the number 4 since. I've always avoided the number 13 aswell. However this year, as one of my resolutions, I decided to embrace all numbers. eg I can cut up my banana into 13 pieces and not bat an eyelid! I can shave my leg with 13 strokes of the razor and not worry about anything untoward happening - apart from a nick on the leg! I also can spill salt (this is nothing to do with the question, I know) and not throw a little bit over my shoulder to get rid of the devil. How's about that, then!
3. What are your Passions?

I read this question many ways. Here are a few answers.

1. I'm not telling you any of my passions!!!

2. A huge Italian ice-cream fruit sundae I had while on holiday. It had every fruit you could imagine in it with ice-cream and ooh, ooh, ooh frozen banana puree. Each spoonful - after I'd eaten the fruit bowl around the top of the dish - was a deeee-light.

It only looks small but it was
ginormous!

I ate it all up.

3. Enjoying each day.

4. See my Labels

4. Do you enjoy Giving or Getting?

Both - equal satisfaction doing both.


5. What is your Favourite Pattern?

Changing patterns - eg granny squares with different colours or crochet stitches.


Natural patterns - eg found on pine cones, vegetables and plants. Just type Fibonacci into Google to find out more.



I do have a few stripey T shirts and jumpers.

6. What is your Favourite Day of the Week?

Used to be Saturday and Sunday when I worked. Now I've retired it could be any day.



"What day is it?" asked Pooh.

"It's today, "squeaked Piglet.

"My favourite day," said Pooh.

- A. A. Milne

7. What is your Favourite Flower?

Depends on the season. 
Snowdrop - white, simple and innocent
Bluebell - A herald of Spring
Rose - beautiful perfume
But if you look closely every flower is beautiful.



8. What is your Favourite Country?

It has to be the country where I live but I'm sure where you live is equally as good. Just like the flowers each country has its own share of wonderful places. I really enjoyed travelling around Europe with Anne. England is my favourite country because it is my home.


9. What is your Favourite Colour?

Green
We have more than our fair share of green carpets, green painted walls in the Sun room and a green painted house.

10. What is your Favourite Meal?

Egg, chips and tinned tomatoes with 2 slices of bread to mop up. 

I'm going to read blogs now and make my list which I'll post later on in the week. I know I've been inspired creatively by many of you. Thank you for being out there and sharing your talents.


Another blogger tried to trace the origin of this award and landed here. The person they received the award from now has a private blog so we can't go back any further but if you read the post there is no mention of answering any questions. Perhaps I should make an award of my own to offer to other bloggers. Hmm now there's a thought.


2 comments:

  1. I love your 'Winnie the Pooh' extract! Thank you for calling by last week. I'm finally back in the blogosphere and have had chance to catch up on comments, visitors and other bloggy admin. Best Wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award, well deserved. I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions, it's nice to get to know other bloggers a little better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.