Wednesday 11 July 2012

Not Knott End again!

Yep, but this time I was with a different friend and we went the other way going North along the coast.


The sea was to one side and gardens and farms to the other containing llamas, geese, horses and ..


ponies.


The path seemed full of wildlife too.


That's taken care of the fauna and here's the flora. If you can help in the naming again it would be much appreciated.



Clover

Vetch

Ragwort - thanks Jo.


Poppy
Yarrow - thanks Dartford Warbler

Thistle

Dog Rose
Dog Rose
We walked back towards the Esplanade and the cafe for a welcome lunch of soup and scones.

7 comments:

  1. The yellow flower, two picures above the poppy, is ragwort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely walk. Is that a yellow snail or is my screen playing tricks on me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a yellow snail shell. There were also black shells with yellow spirals.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The white one below the poppy is yarrow :-)

    I love your first photo, the seascape.
    Good to hear that you were able to get out and enjoy a walk along the coast before the rain came back. It`s pouring again here. Really heavy drops that are saturating he ground yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some of those flowers too! Makes me wonder are they natural or brought over by pioneers.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hopeless with the flora, but the horse is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title of your post caught my eye... I know Knott End, or rather I did as I grew up in Fleetwood, transported across the Pennines from the county of my birth, Yorkshire, without so much as a by your leave! Well I was only three at the time! Great memories evoked just by seeing the words Knott End. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.