Saturday 19 August 2017

Sharing

I'm still sharing the kitchen with the decorating stuff and will be for some time yet. The dining room has been painted but that is now housing the furniture from the family room. The family room has been painted but that is now having the floor varnished. It's taken a week already of sanding, sanding again and sanding again. Only today did we get the first coat of varnish on.



Kitchen is still in action but not yet completely ready.There's decorating and floor paraphernalia on the floor and work surfaces.


Here I am trying to make a cake amidst it all. The grapes are from the greenhouse. Still wading my way through them.


I have a new kitchen cupboard which has replaced some shelves, which is now home to tea and coffee.


It's replaced the shelves on the left of the picture below. The other shelves have come down as well as the plant which had grown itself onto the ceiling and around the cooker. All the kitchen pans etc have been washed and are stored upstairs for the moment until the time comes to 'dress' up the kitchen.


There is still more to do but the family room must be completed first. After that the dining room will then house the lounge furniture. It's all go here! DH has promised himself a week off soon.

xx









15 comments:

  1. The floor is beautiful, you can't beat wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least, I assume, you can get into your bed?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of work, but it's looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floor was certainly worth all the sanding. It looks fabulous. I love that you have your own grapes. I hope my vine will deliver eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, I love your family room floor.

    Things will be absolutely perfect when you are finished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mum, its all looking good, and I really like your cooker! Michelle in Wellington, NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that wooden floor

    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the bane of open shelves - their intention is good, but they are such dust / grease collectors, aren;t they! I, too, only this week told RMan I need more kitchen storage, and we are getting a quote on replacing the two open shelves in my kitchen with hanging cupboards.

    I do like your tea and coffee cupboard - very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floor looks great, we had parquet floor in one of our previous homes. Looked great but was a bit of a dust trap though, especially having a dog.
    It's great dressing a room when all the painting etc has been done isn't it. Finding homes for all your bits and pieces is the best bit I think! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wooden floor was worth all the effort of sanding, It looks fabulous. Picking your own grapes must be really satisfying. I'm hoping my new grapevine will give me grapes some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wooden floor was worth all the effort of sanding, It looks fabulous. Picking your own grapes must be really satisfying. I'm hoping my new grapevine will give me grapes some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your family room.floor, all the mess will be worth it in the end

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ADORE the wooden floor. Something to aspire to for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, the parquet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.