1. Take all the stuff that is not in a cupboard or in a drawer out of the room. (There's a lot of stuff.)
There's definitely a lot of stuff - oh and also the electric fire from the dining room which is ready to be cleaned. Ah yes ...
2. Clean all the stuff that is not in a cupboard or in a drawer.
3. Take off the shelves, dismantle them and wire wool them to clean thoroughly.
4. Clean the tops of the cupboards, cooker hood, windows and anything that has been exposed to steam, grease and kitchen grime.
5. Take off the kick boards and clean them.
6. Clean underneath all the units.
7. Rescue the spider that came scuttling out.
Cover the units ready for painting.
This is the third room to be painted - only the lounge and the downstairs loo to go. (Then the upstairs.) It's rather exciting trying to prepare meals at the moment as everything is scattered around the house.