Friday 15 November 2013

Heritage Tour

Our jolly this week was a conducted tour of the Winter Gardens to view the 30s decoration.

Marquetry pictures

Deco mirrors

Decorative plasterwork

Decorative tiles

Magnificent ballroom

Sculptural elements

Hidden theatre

Still in flip flops

Thoughtful detailing

Elegant cafe

The Galleon Bar decoration

Deco lighting

The Baronial Hall - quite majestic

Deco tiling
The decoration in the Galleon Bar is plaster, not wood.

Did you notice the beautiful silk curtain in the cafe? It's plaster again!

xx

7 comments:

  1. The curtain had me fooled! I love art deco...this was a treat.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. I love the Winter Gardens and all the Art Deco.
    L is in a dance completion there on the 24th of this month and I think there is also a craft fair on that same weekend. There was last year and it was magnificent. I will try to remember to take my camera.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful building, I love the Baronial Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifu; I like the Deco mirrors.
    Just enjoyed catching up on your posts - your marking was hilarious !
    I've been known to fold about 100 bags for the charity shop !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an amazing place to visit.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to go to the Winter Gardens because Blackpool music festival used to be held there. It was always such an occasion to sing in the Theatre as it was. Sadly it all got too expensive for the festival to use. I hope the rooms are all still used for something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.