Wednesday 9 October 2013

Very generous


Thank you so much for your comments on my last post. It was very generous of you to help me out and give me the confidence to try out the pasta maker. (I ignored DH who kept butting in saying - why don't you try it this way or why don't you try doing it that way! He was banished from the room.

Do I have a pasta maker?

Yes I do have one and it's going to stay for a while longer.


Do I use it regularly or just when I have time?

I aim to 'have further goes' now that I've got the hang of it but I'll definitely need time. (Or someone to make the pasta sauce while I make the pasta.)


Do I need special flour?

After reading the comments from Dreamer and Donna, I used the plain flour I had in the cupboard which worked well.


Will I trap my fingers?

No but I did need 3 hands - one to turn the handle, one to feed the dough through and one to catch the pasta at the other end!

Is it a lot of mess? 

Yes but it's definitely an adventure and as one YouTube person said it allows grown-ups to play play doh!


xx

PS Welcome to my new follower. I hope you can 'follow' all my ramblings! Have you seen the Virtual Tea Party invite?

PPS The pasta was wonderful and light and even DH had nothing but compliments on the taste. I served it simply with fried tomatoes, a dash of oregano and grated cheese.

8 comments:

  1. I am just catching up on blog posts. I have a pasta machine, I purchased mine in a charity shop in Bath for £10. It was the best purchase I have ever made! I am going to try your pasta recipe. Never thought of hanging the strands on the oven door! I make taglettelli and dry it in little circular piles like loose birds nests.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. Looks as if it worked a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun trying out your pasta machine. Try lasagne sheets next time, it makes such a difference to the end result x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you for taking the plunge... mine is still unused under the kitchen counter, feeling inspired :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mum
    sounds fun! I'll be following your progress with interest. I have never made my own pasta and I must admit I do like pasta!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a pasta machine in the back of the cupboard as my Hunter Gatherer is a gadget fiend. We used it once and made beetroot pasta and spinach pasta! I think you may have just inspired me to dust off the cobwebs and give it another whirl! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, just the photo's of the home made pasta are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave it a go! Brilliant! Looks like you mastered it first attempt, too. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.