Tuesday 5 September 2017

Fashion following or leading

It's getting colder so the summer frocks have been taken out of the wardrobe and put away to make way for my 'Autumn Wardrobe'. I've been watching too many Ewe Toob videos talking about capsule wardrobes and basic essentials! Apparently I should have things that will mix and match, ones that will dress up or down and flat, medium and high shoes. (Forget the high ones - I totter enough as it is.) So here is my first 'basic' for Autumn. It's a denim skirt from, guess where? The CS of course but being a person who is vertically challenged, (I like the word 'petite' better), a large part has to be cut off so I don't look a complete dumpling. 


Careful cutting and then I turn up the hem by hand - much more therapeutic than hauling out the sewing machine.


The finished result will be paired with black or brown boots and a *Tee  or blouse. I may *layer at the top with both!


Wad der yer think?

*(note the fashion jargon)

12 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with the jargon, you sound very professional! I like the skirt too, a denim skirt is something I could get a lot of wear from, I'll keep an eye out for one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ten out of ten for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I wonder about cutting off bits as having lost height some items probably look daft. Still debating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect start, Denham skirt is a must for my wardrobe, get some coloured tights as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a denim skirt. It is so versatile. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice skirt and very neat sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you. I only ever hand sew hems. Machined ones never sit as neatly. I love going into winter clothes -so much more stylish and I like layering. And thick black tights......and boots.....love boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm vertically challenged too and I find getting the length of a skirt/dress important or you look frumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the idea of a capsule wardrobe. I just don't think I could live with it. Good job on the hem, like you hemming by hand is my way of relaxing. It is also the way I learned at school in home economics.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love denim too and have still got some tops in my wardrobe from years ago. Keep the photos coming so we can see you in the latest fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your denim skirt and your Autumn wardrobe is going to look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.