Friday 7 July 2017

Where are you?

Hello there! Our 'pet' seagull occasionally pays a visit to the loft window. Steve just likes to keep in touch seeing as he gets fed here everyday. Though not everybody's cup of tea we think that these beautiful birds are part and parcel of the seaside, their cries and their antics in the sky.


Up close he's very handsome. He's also very inquisitive and keeps a watchful eye on what we do.


He sees us in the garden and when we sit in the garden room.


He has become very tame and will even sit on DH's hand in order to take a titbit.


The evening I took this all he wanted to do was to say hello and find out what was happening inside.


Oh and also to ask for some left over cat food for his supper.


This post is for you, Jill. I wonder if he'd sit and pose for you! Not a 'lovely gull gang' just a lovely gull.

xx

PS - Nancy, my watch is an Apple watch and the Activity app was one of the apps on it.

5 comments:

  1. They call them Skurries up here in the NE of Scotland. I love them. They are for ever cleaning, washing themselves. And their poses are so comical. They get bad press but its usually when they are trying to bring up young, so who doesnt get defensive when their young are maybe under threat. Love that you give him/her a snack. Thank you Mum.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me or are Seagulls getting BIGGER. The ones trying to steal food on the beach yesterday were huge

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have one who came regularly to our garden, too. It would bath and flap in the big bowl of water that I put out for birds and any other animals who might be around at night. But eventually we had to discourage it because one day Gully (as we called it) waddled into the kitchen, through the kitchen door into the hall and then right into the shower room, a very small room with shelves on which are the toiletries. I was frightened that he (I presume it was male!) would panic and flap around in there and not only cause damage but injure himself, so I just waited patiently and he turned around and waddled out again. Really, we are doing gulls a disservice by encouraging them to our towns and gardens - they should be out at sea or on the cliffs - but it is very tempting, because they are wonderful birds. However, they are becoming bolder and bolder and are not attacking people (and injuring some) and really should not be encouraged, lovely though they are.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant "now" attacking people - sorry, my fingers can't spell!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Only recently I posted on my blog that I thought I must be the only person who has a good word to say about seagulls. Now I know different! I know that they have their faults but I love their grace and handsome faces. Eloise.
    https://thisissixty.blog/2017/07/06/in-praise-of-seagulls/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.