This was my mental list for today.
1. Pick up litter from the front garden. (Litter from the main road blows in under the gate and decorates the borders.)
2. Weed the street side of the front wall. ( Grass is sprouting between the wall and the pavement and looks an eyesore. I can do my little bit but I can't do the whole street.)
3. Bake bread for the week.
4. Tidy up - sweep and wipe kitchen floor. Clear up after the cats.
5. Take the cats a walk.
6. Hoe a bit of the garden while the cats are out.
7. Make a meat and potato pie. (I had a sort of menu plan this week.)
*Brown some pork shoulder steak cut into cubes.
*Brown 2 onions.
*Put in casserole with stock cube stock, a shake of Worcester sauce, and some mixed herbs.
*Stew on the hob for an hour then add 4 sliced carrots, some mushrooms and sliced up potatoes.
*Stew for another half hour while making pastry. (Half fat to flour and a pinch of salt.) I used 8 oz flour, 2 oz lard, 2 oz butter. Bind together with a splash of cold water.
*Put stew in casserole dish and top with pastry.
*Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Take a piece of furniture down to DD's.
9. Do 2 loads of washing and dry it.
10. Walk down the road and post a parcel. (Call in the CS on the way back.)
This is my list now.
Jobs done. Relax time.