Thursday 9 March 2017

Great day for gardening

At last the weather feels fine enough for us to venture out into the garden and start a general tidy up ready for the new season's planting. Dead plants in the front garden were cleared and in the back the over-wintering leeks were dug up. Some were for soup for today and tomorrow and some I'm keeping as veg for the meals this week.


I peeled a couple of spuds to go into the soup. It was so warm outside so I used the patio table as my work bench.


All the waste went straight into the compost.


The old runner bean frame was pulled down and I'll take off the dead stems tomorrow. 


The soup was made and eaten and, as there is no pic of the soup, I'll finish with a pic of puss cat enjoying the sunshine in the greenhouse.


Hope the weather stays fine from now onwards.

xx



6 comments:

  1. What lovely leeks! And Leek soup yum. Weather here spring like too but very windy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a glorious afternoon in the garden, the leeks are still in place, but not for long. I like them in soup but steamed and wrapped in a slice of ham and covered with cheese sauce before baking 30 minutes or so they are food for the gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fantastic time of year, just getting warmer and so much hope for the new growing season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day to spend outside. I keep looking at leeks when I am in the grocery store and thinking about soup. Just a bit scared on how to cook the darn things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!
    Bet the soup was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely leeksyou have there Mrs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.