Thursday 24 November 2016

Cheers!

Grr! I'm having trouble with the new Blogger. I only had a blank screen when I opened a new post so I tried a different browser. Now I can get to start a post but I can't put the cursor above my first picture. I've had to cut and paste to get it down below. Grr! Anyone else having problems? Rant over now back to the post.

My present to DD's partner is a Beer Advent calendar. I've purchased 24 bottles and I've just finished the numbered hats to top them with. The hats are made out of those Christmas cards that hang around for years and years in the Christmas card box. I'm sure you know the ones I mean.


I've put them to good use now. Just half or nearly half a circle bent round to form a cone and a natty little decoration on the top. This next one is a portrait size card fringed at the top and selotaped to make a tube.
 
 
 Grr! I still can't move the cursor down by the pictures.

Here's one that looks like a crown. The bottom is decorated with some stick on santas.


 On this one I cut round the picture to make the top.
 

I did 4 of each design.
 

Tops all done now, beer bought - just a crate to find before the 1st.
 

xx

Grr!

Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, and grr, went to my blog yesterday and the whole format has change!

    Love the advent present

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a present for someone who likes beer. I'm sure he'll absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No major problems. But from your description of putting in photos confused me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All different, isn't it? I think I have sussed it out but I preferred the old way, and they haven't sorted the redirection thingy on my blog either.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the new format either and I haven't even done a post yet. I hope it settles down soon. Quite a lot of people seem to be having problems with it.
    The bottle advent calendar is a brilliant idea. Is this instead of a Christmas day present? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Christmas will come early for him.
      xx

      Delete
  6. What a brilliant idea for an Advent and Christmas present all rolled into one. If he drinks one a day until Christmas he'll have a little beer belly for Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Great way to use up the old cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a blog, but I've read that a lot of people are having trouble with it. Great idea for the beer and old Chruistmas cards. Looks very festive.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had the troubles that you are having, but I am not too sure about the new format. I guess I will get used to it eventually though.

    Love the beer Advent calendar idea. It is a great way of using up all those old cards.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I'm sure he will like it. I know my husband will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also having problems.Why have they changed things?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.