Tuesday 15 May 2012

Granny Zig-Zag

I think this is going to be a granny zig-zag not a granny ripple.


The wools are all 'new to me' but unwanted by others and are different textures and weights - rather an odd combination of colours but I copied was inspired by this creation.

I can't remember where I found this picture - if it's yours
please comment and I will link to you or remove the
picture if you prefer.

The pattern is by Elizabeth Ham and instructions can be found on a video here with written instructions here. If you Google 'granny ripple' there are lots of different patterns that can be made using different coloured stripes. I liked the little white flower stripe that was made in this particular ripple.

This one is lovely aswell.

A BIG welcome to my new followers and thank you for your suggestions on what to do with my BIG crochet hook!

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea Mum... There's another thing to add to my "To-Do" list (if I can find it LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good already. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Mum...it reminds me of blankets that my Nana used to make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you still remember where that blanket was placed? i think a saw that too.

      Delete
  4. I'll have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting really fed up with you - that is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you crochet so fast that is looking gorgeous ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey mum,

    thanks for commenting on my blog. Do you mind if I add you to my list? Love your blog.

    Yesterday I went to a craft shop and saw for myself the biggest crochet hook. I was a massive wodden one. They run craft evenings once a week which I'm going to start going to .... I will be sure to ask them what to do ... and may even purchase one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in your new ripple blanket!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.