Sunday 13 December 2020

Advent Calendar 13

Feeding the Christmas cake


The cake is fed regularly with rum this year. You may think I have posted the same picture but there is one difference. Can you see?


Scroll down to find out. It has something to do with the greed and gluttony - not very positive traits. I'll just tell you that the cake is kept in this old Ikea glass container and greed and gluttony had a hand in this too!


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
One crumb broke off so I ate it! There I've owned up. Not too much greed and gluttony I hear you say. Ah but the cake was bigger than the container when it came to putting it away so it had to be cut to size. (Substantially cut.) DH and I couldn't waste the cake now could we?  We couldn't throw the cut off piece away - so we ate it! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas now.

Stay safe.
xx




 

4 comments:

  1. Our cake gets fed brandy, the best one, hubby huffs and puffs every time I use it, but loves the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect it's tasting a lot like Christmas as well. The cake looks amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always have said that it was a necessary quality test.... : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.